Children start Nursery in the September after their 3rd birthday. If you wish to apply for a morning or afternoon Nursery place you can contact the school office who will send you the relevant information and forms. The priorities used are the same as those listed below for a Reception place.
All applications for Reception to Year 6 need to be completed via the Sandwell application website.
Please note that as we are a Controlled School, with religious character, there will be an additional form on the website for you to complete if you wish to use denominational grounds to support your application. The priorities for admission to our school are listed below.
Academic year 2018/19
1. Children who are in public care and children who were previously in public care but ceased to be so because they were adopted (or became subject to a child arrangement order or special guardianship order).
2. Children with a particular medical condition. Applications submitted under this criterion must be accompanied by a medical declaration form (ASU75M) signed by the child’s general practitioner or consultant confirming the condition, detailing the child’s needs and specifying why, in their opinion, the preferred school is the only or most appropriate to meet the child’s needs. All applications under this criterion will be assessed by the local authority to decide whether the child’s need’s can be met most appropriately by the preferred school.
3. (a) Children having a brother or sister at the preferred school (not nursery) at the time of admission.
(b) For admissions to infant schools, children having a brother or sister at the preferred school or at a linked junior school at the time of admission.
(c) For admissions to junior schools, children having a brother or sister at the preferred school or at a linked infant school (not nursery) at the time of admission.
4. For admissions to junior schools, children being on roll at the linked infant school at the time of admission.
5. *Children accepted on denominational grounds, supported by the church. Applications based on this criterion must be accompanied by a completed declaration form signed by a priest, minister or community leader to signify attendance at church on at least one occasion per month.
6. Children prioritised by distance measured in a straight line from a child’s home** to the school’s main entrance (as determined by the head teacher).
In all cases, should the number of applicants exceed the number of places available, places will be allocated on the basis of distance between home and school, as measured in a straight line from home to the main entrance to the school with priority being given to those living closest to the school.
NB. Children with a Statement of Educational Needs or a Education & Health Care Plan (EHCP) (previously known as Statement of Educational Needs), naming a particular school will be admitted before all other applicants.
* Applicable only to schools that are designated by the Secretary of State as having a religious character.
** Measured from the ordnance survey address point for the property. In all cases, should the number of applicants exceed the number of places available, places will be allocated on the basis of distance between home and school, as measured in a straight line from home to the main entrance to the school building with priority being given to those living closest to the preferred school.