Welcome to the P.E. and School Sports Premium page of our website. It has been my pleasure to lead P.E. and School Sports at St Mary Magdalene since September 2016. In this time, I have tried to promote physical activity through a range of extra-curricular clubs open to everyone (please see our Clubs page), promote whole school participation in sports and even encourage our staff to get more involved!
The Government is providing funding of £150 million per annum for the academic years 2013/14 and 2014/15 to provide new, substantial primary school sport funding. This funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and will see money going directly to primary school head teachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children. The sport funding can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools.
Schools must spend the funding to improve the quality of the PE and sport activities they offer their pupils, but they are free to choose the best way of using the money.
For example, you can use your funding to:
- hire specialist PE teachers
- hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
- provide existing staff with teaching resources to help them teach PE and sport
- support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, holiday clubs and Change4Life clubs
- run sport competitions or increase pupils’ participation in school games
- run sports activities with other schools
Funding in 2017/2018
Funding in 2016/2017
Funding in 2015 / 2016
Funding in 2014 / 2015